FACILITIES & DIRECTIONS
J. Leslie Rollins Stadium & Peterson Field
J. Leslie Rollins Stadium and Peterson Field are home to BVU's football, soccer and track/field teams. In the spring of 2011, the 3,000-seat facility underwent a major renovation, including the addition of new a synthetic playing surface, as well as a new blue polyurethane track. In addition, a new ticket and concession stand, along with a new merchandise area was built, while the bathrooms and storage spaces were upgraded. In the summer of 2012, four 100-foot poles with lights that can provide 75 foot-candles of illumination were installed. This standard is enough for televising evening events. Upgraded visiting bleachers were also installed.
The stadium was named for James Leslie Rollins. Rollins was the star halfback on the 1925 football squad, was chosen as a Second and Third Team All-Conference team member and also played forward on the 1926 Iowa Conference Championship basketball team for Buena Vista.
Peterson field was named for Board of Trustee Cordell Peterson, Class of 1963, who made a 1.1 million dollar lead gift to the renovations.